Tips for Dry Ice at your Party
How to use dry ice effectively for your party
Dry ice will add a magical effect to your party, however you should educate yourself
on how to use dry ice safely (heed some precautions), and use it wisely or you'll be
sorely disappointed at paying for nothing. You may like to have a fog machine instead.
A fog machine will give you the effect you're looking for without all the trouble.
Dry ice is very useful. When you know where to get dry ice you'll use it for a fun effect,
but you may also find that adding dry ice in your cooler will keep your ice cream cold
for parties you hold at a park. So don't be afraid of Dry Ice, have fun with it.
- Wondering where to buy dry ice? This Dry Ice Directory will find the closest
businesses selling dry ice in your area! Order the special gloves, left for
- Wondering where to buy a dry ice maker? Amazon! Top left, you'll find this
unit is lightweight and compact, so it's easy to setup and transport. Even when
filled, the unit is not as cold as the dry ice. But you'll need special gloves.
Here's how to use dry ice wisely:
- Plan to pick up the dry ice just an hour or so before your party as the effect has
just 8 hours of vapors.
- Dry ice will evaporate in your freezer, so store it in air tight containers, such as
a cooler. In fact, dry ice can ruin your refrigeration system. So use a cooler!
- Wait until the crowd gathers before using the dry ice in your concoctions
because the effect of dry ice is short lived.
Heed some precautions about dry ice:
- Do not ingest a chunk of dry ice. Dry ice is solid carbon dioxide, the same as you'll
find in soda pop, but dry ice touching skin can cause harm, so use it cautiously:
- Transfer dry ice with tongs.
- Do not serve chunks of the ice directly in drinks as this could burn when
coming in contact with your hands or mouth.
- Create the vaporous effect of dry ice for your drinks by having two bowls: one
with dry ice and the other nestled inside with the actual drink.
- Vapors from dry ice can also cause light headedness; however, only over
prolonged exposure can cause harm, so don't let this aspect spoil the fun!
So now it's your turn! Tell us about your mad scientist laboratory party. We'd love to
hear about your party ideas and share them with others on Twitter. We link to quality
All about dry ice for kids parties...
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/2/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.