Green Party Foods
Finding the meanest greenest candy and snack food ideas
Lime green and green apple candies, even watermelon will provide a pop of color for
your party and flavor excitement for the kids.
Whatever green foods you try, skip the green tea broccoli smoothie! For kids parties,
foods in green colors should be carefully selected because there is a fine line between
good and gross. Maybe your party calls for gross, then you'll want to whip up some
green nachos! Just add food coloring.
Here's how to make the other moms green with envy and make kids' taste buds pop
with excitement and enhance your party theme:
- Green ice cream: Want green ice cream, but your kid doesn't like mint? The secret
is mix in food color powder and you can enjoy vanilla ice cream. Another option is
lime sorbet or sherbet.
- Green cotton candy! Shrek would certainly approve green cotton candy for his
party. Learn how to make cotton candy at home or buy ready made cotton
candy to decorate cupcakes or serve as treats.
- Green sugar cookies: Whip up a big batch of sugar cookies with our recipe. A few
drops of green food coloring in the royal icing (made of meringue) will give your
cookies that green color you need. Or mix the ingredients for the big batch
cookie recipe and reserve half your mixture for green food coloring and leave the
other plain. You can swirl cookie dough from twists, or make a checkerboard
pattern by cutting mixed strips.
- Green brownies: Colorful green powdered sugar adds a dash of excitement to
plain brownies. Wilton's green powdered sugar is hard to find in your local store,
but easy to find online left. It's even more fun to use the Wilton sugar shaker
and a brownie stencil for decorating with the powdered sugar.
- Green Zombie punch: Mix lemon lime soda with lime sherbet in a punch bowl to
create a frothy green sparkling punch that will surely wake up the undead! It's
just as nice to serve this punch for a Zombie party as it is for a Shrek party or
other green theme party.
- Green eggs and ham! Ideal for a Dr. Suess party, try a morning party and serve a
brunch of green eggs and ham,.You can always add green pancakes, green
muffins, and green donuts to make your selection. To make your green eggs
true to the original story, separate the egg whites from the egg yolk before
frying. Be sure to dye the egg yolks green and leave the egg whites as they are.
The book depicts the ham as green, but don't waste your money making a
delicious ham look disgusting. The eggs will surely do!
- Green bagels and cream cheese. Bagels are ideal to serve at a party that starts
before 11 a.m. Make green bagels by adding a few drops of green food coloring
to your home made bagel recipe. Keep the cream cheese white, so that it's not
too overwhelming. Don't have time to make bagels? Then do the reverse: color
the cream cheese green.
- Green deviled eggs. Start with your favorite deviled eggs recipe. Before scooping
the mixture back into the white egg halves, soak them in water mixed with a few
drops of food coloring to get the desired color. Allow drying time on paper
towels, then fill and serve.
Green Popcorn recipe and ideas:
Green popcorn will look terrific for a green alien party or an army party. There are lots
of ways to make green popcorn to serve at your party. Consider these easy ideas:
- How to make green popcorn balls: Use your favorite popcorn ball recipe or try
melting marshmallows. A dash of green food coloring is all it takes. Swirl the food
coloring into the marshmallow mixture or the corn syrup mixture.
- How to make sweet popcorn that's green: The recipe for green popcorn is easy
when you have green apple popcorn glaze, left, and a popcorn popper. Put oil
in the popperand as soon as it liquefies, you'll add the popcorn and Glaze Pop.
It's that easy!Start with Green Apple Glaze Pop Popcorn Flavoring, right. Use
this yummy raspberry frosted corn in your popcorn popper. Start with corn and
popping oil. Instead of salt, use a measure of Glaze Pop equal to half the
quantity of popcorn. Put the oil in the popper first and as soon as it liquefies add
the popcorn and Glaze Pop and stir until the popping slows down. Then allow to
cool before eating.
- Green popcorn: The recipe for green popcorn is easy: Wilton Green Color Mist
food spray, left, will give any popcorn an easy green color without any flavoring.
It's great for other party treats too. Color Mist can help you highlight whipped
topping or ice cream with a dash of color and no mess. It's a taste-free formula
that lets you add a little color or a lot.
- Shrek's Kettle Korn snack mix recipe: Buy your favorite brand of Kettle Korn,
which is a sweet and savory snack. Separate 1/4 of the mixture and put it
in a bowl. Spray paint it with Wilton's Food Color Spray, left. It's a treat on
its own, but when you sprinkle a few green confections with the mix, you'll
give the kiddos something more to smile about. Try green gummy bears,
and green M&Ms for example. Now that's a recipe for fun!
Green birthday cake ideas
Want to go green for the birthday cake? Consider these tasty ideas to enhance your
- Go Dragee, baby! Left, green metalic dragees are the icing on the cake. Actually,
they are the sprinkles and indeed they are fantastic. Well worth the splurge for
an elegant mermaid party.
- Chocolate mint cupcakes: Green frosting is a decadent choice on a chocolate mint
cupcake! Add peppermint flavoring to your chocolate cake batter or bake in a
few chocolate mint chips as you would with a muffin. An excellent choice is
Guittard mint chips, lower left, which are light green. If you're adding mint
flavoring to the batter, keep the frosting sweet and simple (no mint flavoring)
but with a vivid green color or you'll have too many competing flavors.
- Vanilla lime cupcakes: For added flavor to plain vanilla, add lime gelatin to the
cake batter: this will give your cake mix a kick and add all the color you need.
Top with a vanilla frosting and a few green jimmies. This will provided emphasis
to the pretty green cake.
- Green velvet birthday cake. Mix just a few drops of green food coloring with your
white cake mix or angel food recipe to give the color you need without changing
the flavor. Sometimes too much of a good thing is just that, so for a green velvet
cake, be sure to frost your cake with a simple white icing: because the surprise
is the velvet green cake inside!
- Green confetti surprise birthday cake: Add green sprinkles to vanilla cake batter.
- Serve your birthday cake with green ice cream: Green tea ice cream isn't wildly
loved by kids, and not every kid loves lime sherbet, pistachio or mint chip ice
cream. Sometimes too these flavors don't go well with the birthday cake, so
consider doctoring up vanilla ice cream.
- How to make green ice cream: Soften vanilla ice cream by letting it sit out to
stand a few minutes. Blend in green powdered food coloring (not liquid).
Then return to the freezer to harden. Green ice cream will look terrific for a
- Green Jelly beans are a classic party treat. Sprinkle them like confetti on the
tables or layer them as a colorful display for a lollipop stand.
- Green apple gummy bears provide a sweet simplicity.
- Green apple Sixlets chocolates, above, will add festive theme color to your party.
Display them in apothecary jars for a candy buffet.
- Lime rock candy, left, is a luscious accompaniment to drinks as a swizzle stick.
- Green Swirl suckers, above center, will enhance your vintage candy buffet.
- Green apple gumballs, lower right.
Homemade Treats that are green:
- Let it mellow with some green Jello: Lime gelatin is sweeter when you use the
zombie brain gelatin mold left.
- Green Cookies: Sugar cookies are made green with a few drops of food coloring
in the batter, with green sugar sprinkles, or with a royal or meringue icing. Try
our Big Batch Sugar Cookie Recipe, ideal for kids parties. Popular also now for
kids candy buffets are the color French confections called
- Candy Melts: Left, green candy melts are versatile and creamy. The easy-to-melt
wafers by Wilton are ideal for all of your candy making-molding, dipping or
coating of cookies and more. Note when ordering online: in Summer
temperatures, candy melts may melt in transit. No worries, because the candy
melts are still good for your sweet project.
- Green mint chip cookies: Think of the creations you can concoct with the might
green mint chips, left from Guittard. Green chocolate chip cookies anyone? Add a
bit of food coloring to the batter and the green chocolate chips and you'll have a
positively ghoulish treat for zombies.
More green party food ideas:
- Green Ice Creams: Mint chip, Pistachio ice cream, Green Tea Ice Cream (for daring
adults only, kids won't like this), Lime Sherbet, Lime sorbet.
- Green Drinks: Lime aid, Gatorade, Mint shake.
- Guac and Green chips: Look for guacamole tortilla chips, which are green.
- Green Jello! Lime gelatin is more appealing to kids when presented as a Zombie
Brain, see the Zombie Brain gelatin mold, right.
Green theme parties
We have loads of party ideas for the color green. Try hosting a green alien party or a
zombie party with extra measures of green. Of course a Shrek party, which naturally
you'll want heavy doses of green foods and decorations. More party ideas with
elements of green include a green frog party, and an alligator or crocodile party. For
the kid with a heart in recycling, we even have a go green party.
- Steal this decorating idea for a pink and green party: Use green apples to create a
sweet centerpiece. Combine with pink peonies in a water bowl. Green Apples in
an apothecary jar, right, creates a luscious centerpiece.
Hosting a green theme party? What kind of a green theme party are you planning? We'd
love to hear from you. Share your party food recipes and share party ideas with us on
Twitter and Facebook!
All about green party foods...
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/2/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.