Red Party Foods
Candy and snack foods to fit any red theme party
Red hot party planners looking for red party foods can plan a colorful party in red and
- Get in the red: Remember that you'll need more than a splash of color or your
red party food will turn pink. Little Red Riding Hood, Elmo, and vampires all love
the color red! And red is a striking combination when paired with a single color,
like bright cookie monster blue or simply pair it with white to get the vivid red
accent for your party theme. Ensure your party has these ingredients:
- Red cookie icing, Wilton's red icing, left, is easy to use.
- Red jimmies: use them to sprinkle on Vanilla ice cream, pretzel rods,
- Red Birthday cake ideas: Choose red velvet cake with white icing or decorate a
decadent vanilla cake with a heavy dose of red frosting.
- Red Velvet cakes: Red velvet cake is the ideal birthday cake, and a popular
choice because it is so decadent. Show off your pretty creation in a red cake
- Red velvet cake pops: Any birthday party is a bit more special when you bake a
red velvet cake, but consider red velvet cake pops or cake balls, too!
- Red Party foods book. If you want to involve your child in the party planning, then
consider buying the book: Red Food Fun, above left. Intended for kid readers
ages 4-8, this book is 32 pages and filled with photographs and recipes of
foods in the color white.
- Red Candies: Most red candies tend to be cinnamon, cherry or strawberry.
Above, red albanese gummy rings, red swirl pops, red gummies and red sixlets
chocolates, and Swedish Fish round out the essential candies for a red themed
party. Red hots are a fun addition for a Valentines Party.
- cupcakes or the sides of the birthday cake.
- Swedish fish look terrific on drinks when you use a knife to slit the mouth
and affix the sticky gummy to the rim of the glass.
- Red licorice laces are actually strawberry.
- Red hots candies (if your child can take the strong
cinnamon), red hot candies will look terrific on your table as confetti. Just
be sure not put the red hots on a white table or allow drinks to spill and
Red Party foods
- Red Pretzel Treats: The red dipped pretzel rods, left, are ready made and
delicious, but you can make yummy pretzel treats yourself at home by melting
white chocolate and rolling them in pretty sprinkles or jimmies. We aim to
inspire you to melt, dip and roll, with our pretzel treat recipe ideas.
- Getting your drinks to look more red. Adding colorful decorations to beverages
will help make them look more red. Decorate drinks red striped paper straws as
they have white stripes to really show off the red. Try rimming your beverage
with red sugars the way you would do for an adult drink. Start with a citrus
wedge and run it around the glass before filling with a beverage, then dip it into
Red Popcorn recipe and ideas:
- How to make red Popcorn: Start with your favorite popped corn. Kettle corn is a
wonderful option as it is both sweet and savory and ideal for kids parties. Spray
1/4 of the popcorn with Wilton's Color Mist spray, left. Add a few red hots or red
gummy candies to give your popcorn a dash of red fun.
- How to make red popcorn balls: Use your favorite popcorn ball recipe or try
melting marshmallows. A dash of red food coloring is all it takes. Swirl the food
coloring into the marshmallow mixture or the corn syrup mixture. Remember to
add plenty of red or your popcorn balls will turn pink.
Healthy red foods:
- Red Delicious apples
Our favorite red candies:
- Cherry Lifesavers
- Red hots
- Red Vines licorice twists
- Red licorice laces
- Red and white pops
- Red gummy rings,
- Red gummy bears
- Red chocolate roses
- Cherry Mash chocolate
Share your party food recipes and share party ideas with us on Twitter and Pinterest.
All about red party foods...
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/2/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.