Retro fun ideas for celebrating Christmas with kids
Santa Baby, it's Christmastime! So gather round the fireplace for a heartwarming set of
memories you create at home. It's time to share those classic Christmas treats and
activities with your kids. Here are some bright additions to any Christmas party:
- Get crazy with candy canes: Crush candy cane peppermint candy with a rolling pin
in a plastic bag to garnish the rims of hot chocolate mugs. Bring extra holiday
cheer to beverages warm and cold with candy canes used like swizzle sticks.
Here are more ways to have fun with candy canes
- Mix crushed candy canes into ordinary vanilla ice cream for an
- Slip in Peppermint Krazy straws, left, into favor bags as well as the holiday
beverages you serve at your party.
- Pop some candy cane pop rocks into the favor bags too!
- Dip candy canes in chocolate or white candy melts.
- Here are more ways to have fun with candy canes.
- Remember these classic Christmas treats:
- Use pretzels to craft reindeer antlers in the classic reindeer cookie design,
upper left. This classic Christmas treat is sure to please.
- "Glue" candy canes with icing to craft a cookie sled.
- Bake stained glass ornament cookies. Make the cookie dough in advance, then get
out the cookie cutters and let the kids design their own edible ornaments, right.
- Play Reindeer games. The ride on reindeer costume, lower right, is sure to be a hit
with kids year after year. Get one each for your little Prancer and Dancer.
- Pass the parcel. Turn this classic English birthday party game into your new
Christmas Tradition. Use Christmas wrapping paper and tissue paper to wrap
candy canes, stickers and small Christmas trinkets. Kids gather in a circle to pass
the parcel, each one takes a turn to open a layer.
- More Christmas games to play
- Rock around the Christmas tree.
- Make snowmen from fondant. Martha Stewart shows how to make these
delightful no-melt snowmen.
- Create a blizzard of snowflakes from paper and hang from a fishing line. It's
amazing how kids enjoy this simple craft.
- Get snowed in with snowglobes: Craft your own snowglobes with a tight lidded
jar. You'll need a glue gun, glycerin and a silicone sealant, a few tiny holiday
treasures, distilled water and glitter. Here's how to make a snowglobe.
What to do about a Christmas Birthday
A Christmastime birthday is tough on kids as the joy of a happy birthday song is not
only overshadowed by Christmas music, but worse yet for kids, no one is around to
celebrate! Not to mention that people give one gift for both occasions! If your child has
a birthday on Christmas then celebrate a half birthday in July.
Christmas party with kids...
Search KIDS PARTIES now:
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/2/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.