John Deere Party
How to host a John Deere party
John Deere is the beloved choice of the American rancher, and your little birthday boy
or girl will be a jolly rancher indeed when you plan a John Deere party. Don't be like a
deer stuck in the tractor headlights, because with our party guide you'll have some
super cute party ideas to host a birthday they'll remember long after the cows come
home. Here's how to harvest the good times:
- Go green! Plan on hosting a very green and yellow John Deere party. Sticking to
the color theme is super easy. Start with yellow table cloths, then layer with
green John Deere party supplies and green tractor toys. Sprinkle green and
yellow M&Ms like confetti on the tables. Serve bright and happy lemonade in
mason jars. Add cheery yellow flowers, and load up on bushels of lemons and
limes to add to a festive country flair.
- Don't overlook the girls! Pink and John Deere green party supplies are
available at the bottom of the page.
- Dress the part of ranchers. The birthday kid can make a grand entrance in his
John Deere costume, pictured immediate right. This costume doubles as a toy.
Or have the birthday kid ride out in a tractor toy, pictured lower right. Wear
overalls or jeans, and hand out green bandannas or John Deere baseball caps.
The ranch hands will appreciate your gifts and they double as decoration.
- Bale some hay! Hay bales can provide extra seating and add to the decor. Check
your local feed and tack store for large bales of hay. For decorative purposes
you can also find small bales of hay at craft stores.
John Deere Party decorations
Creating a John Deere party in iconic green and yellow is a good start of this easy-to-
plan kids party. Here are more ideas to get you "running like a Deere":
- Tie balloons to green cowbells. Kids love cowbells and the green cowbells,
pictured immediate, fit the party colors beautifully. At the end of the party, you
can hand the cowbells with a helium balloon to each child. In this way your
decoration does double duty as a party favor!
- Hey, here's an idea! Mini hay bale decorations will enhance your table setting
when you tie the hay bale with a pretty green ribbon. Prop a John Deere tractor
toy atop and your table centerpiece is complete.
- Set out a bushel basket of green apples or green limes and yellow lemons. The half-
bushel basket, left, will help you create an inviting display of the harvest. Lined
in plastic, you'll find a number other uses, so get a couple! These bushel baskets
are ideal for chips and candy. You may even decide to prop the party favors in
them to enhance your theme. Smaller bushel baskets are ideal as planter
baskets -- think in terms of bright yellow daisies or mums in the 5-inch bushel
baskets to brighten the theme.
- Display some John Deere party ware:
- John Deere Tablesetting ideas:
- The John Deere plastic tablecloth, pictured right, is rectangular. It makes a
bold statement to your party theme. Use it for the drink table or set up a
gift station on a card table.
- For a buffet, a John Deere mug, right, is an ideal utensil holder.
- John Deere sippy cups, pictured, top left, will help keep spills at bay.
- John Deere food picks. Available in his and hers, the sweet John Deere
baseball cap has been transformed into a little plastic cupcake pick. You'll
find plenty of uses for these super cute food picks, pictured at the bottom
of the page. Put them in the burger buns to indicate the ones that are
What to serve at a John Deere party
- Serve chicken nuggets and veggies with ranch dressing of course! While you can
serve fried chicken to the adults, chicken nuggets dipped in ranch dressing will
add to your party theme for the kids menu. Mini carrots will be the most popular,
so get extras for the kids. Sugar snap peas are another kid friendly veggie. The
adults will appreciate also cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, as well as a
harvest of your other favorite veggies such as broccoli and cauliflower.
- Please do eat the daisies. Right, the John Deere Web site, encourages
consumption of edible flowers and other homestead delights. Reserve this treat
for the adult menu. Check out the serving suggestions that come directly from
the John Deere homestead magazine.
- Mini caramel apples are easy to make. Choose small Granny Smith apples, pierce
them with Popsicle stick, and dip them into melted caramel and place on wax
paper to dry.
- Host a candy buffet! Set out bright yellow candies, including lemon drops, apple
and watermelon Jolly Rancher candies, and John Deere tractor suckers or
chocolates on a stick, green and yellow M&Ms and salt water taffy.
- John Deere Cookies. The tractor cookie cutter, available left, will help you bake
amazingly cute John Deere cookies. Try our big batch sugar cookie recipe. Or fill
the John Deere cookie jar, lower left with your favorite cookies.
Activities for a John Deere Party
- John Deere Pinata: Fill up a John Deere pinata with Jolly Ranchers candy, plastic
farm animals, tattoos, and other small farm animal favors you may find, like the
silly farm animal wrist bands, or the farm animal counting pieces, pictured right.
Hand kids a John Deere baseball cap for them to fill with treasures. Have a few
handfuls of extra prizes on hand for the kids who may have missed the
opportunity. Also, be sure to allow kids to have an exchange, so they can trade
up for duplicates.
- Set up a farmers market: Create a party setting that's like a farmers market with
carnival style activities at each booth. Enlist help from family or older
neighborhood kids to help you run the booths, or simply have parents walk their
children to each station and provide written instructions.
- Set up the farm style party games: Party games can include potato sack races,
horse-shoe toss and spoon and egg races. You may even have a treasure hunt.
The only game to avoid with little ones around is bobbing for apples. It's
unsanitary and presents a drowning risk for toddlers.
John Deere Invitation Ideas
Enlist the birthday boy or girl to add a few stickers to the invitation envelopes in
preparation for his or her big day. Here are some wording suggestions for home made
- Oh Deere! Johnny's turning four!
- Help us plow down some birthday cake Saturday September 25
- All tractor trails lead to Smith Ranch at 123 Main Street
- RSVP Farmer Jane at 876-5309 to share in the harvest.
Resources for a John Deere Party
- Learn more about the John Deere company. John Deere celebrated their 175th
anniversary in 2012. It all started in Rutland, Vermont, on July 18, 1873. Visit the
John Deere website to download wallpaper for your computer and explore this
iconic American company. Like they say, "Nothing runs quite like a Deere."
- Hosting a John Deere Baby shower? Visit John Deere baby store, link immediate
left where you'll find super cute John Deere apparel, toys and more.
Real John Deere Parties
- Thinking of inviting John Deere to the party? Mack's John Deere Birthday featured
the real thing: a huge green John Deere. Even the parents were impressed. No
worries if you can't invite the real John Deere to your party, your boy will be just
as happy with the John Deere scooter, pictured lower right.
Oh Deere! Tell us about your John Deere party and share party ideas with us on Twitter
and Facebook at cutepartyideas. We love kids parties and share quality links with our
friends who like to plan a good kids party or two. Write us now.
All about John Deere party...
Search KIDS PARTIES now:
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/2/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.