Silly Monster Party
How to have a silly monster theme birthday party
Calling all the monsters! Hey, Mom-ster, if your little monster is having a birthday
and you're planning a party, then try an outrageously cute and unforgettable silly
little monster party filled with google eyes, horned creatures, crazy monster teeth
and rolled tongues. Here's how:
- Stock up on monster eyes. Left, icing sugar eyes will come in handy not only
for your silly monster cupcakes and cake pops, but also for edible crafts. Try
"gluing" them to mugs and glasses with dabs of frosting.
- Monster feet! Make your own monster feet from tin cans or buy the cute
ready made monster feet, lower right. Under $10 and with free shipping, this
is a monstrously fun activity for the kiddos. Or start saving tissue boxes and
get creative: two tissue boxes and some acrylic paints will make terrific
monster slippers. Either way, kids will have a fun time stomping around or
- Monster party plates: Serving monster mash is sure to be a smash with the
melamine monster plates, pictured top left. They're heat resistant,
dishwasher safe, and will help you keep memories long after the party is
over. Or clean them up and send kids home with a plate full of monster
cookies as a favor.
Monster Cakes and Treats
While your little cookie monster certainly will appreciate the monster of a party you
create by finding cool stuff online, you can also get crafty baking these festive
treats from scratch:
- Monster pops: Packed with eye-popping appeal, the simple monster pops,
left, are actually brownies covered in fondant and a light icing. Better Homes
& Gardens shows you how to make each monster pop pictured. Surely you'll
invent your own once you get a hang of this sweet idea.
- Silly monster cupcakes: Wacky, weird and wonderful you'll be proud to show
off the creepy creations for cupcakes using Wilton's cupcake monster recipes
pictured top and immediate left. Get out the toothpicks, gum drops, licorice
and chocolate covered candies to craft antennae and green tongues. And be
sure to add the silly feet, right, to give your monster cupcakes the finishing
- Monster treats: Get more monstrously cute recipe sweet treat ideas from the
Little Monsters cookbook, left.
Unleash your creativity to really get the party started. The design for the sweet
Monster Notepads found on Etsy.com will provide inspiration for your home made
invitations. Invite "fiends and family" to the party with these cute invitation ideas:
- Monster party wording ideas:
- It's a monster mash: join us for Jenny's birthday bash!
- (Our little monster is turning two)
- Have a monstrously good time Saturday, August 22 at 2:00 p.m.
- Swamp: 123 main street
- RSVP: Mom-ster Mary at 867-5309
- These invitations are a monster of a good deal... About a buck a piece, try the
adorable, affordable and personalized Monster invitations at tinyprints.com.
- Jeepers creepers, where'd you get those peepers? The mainstay of decoration
for your cute monster party will be in the creative use of wiggly eyes,
especially for the invitations. You can create teeth for your monster with
white strips of felt shaped into triangles. Horns and antenna help finish the
look, and you can make use of pompoms and pipe cleaners, too.
Monster party favors
Don't look under the bed or in the closet for monsters! Go where the wild things
are. The place to look for monstrously fun party monster party supplies is online
(because they just don't stock the cute stuff at the local party store):
- Monster bendable favors, pictured upper right, will keep little fingers busy.
- Create a candy buffet with the fiendish fun of monster lollipops above.
- Monster pop-ups: Pictured top right, kids love popping the monster pop-ups.
This favor will help you decorate the tables and entertain the kids.
- Wiggle room for creativity: All it takes is some felt and some wiggle eyes to
craft an easy monster coin purse using the tutorial from Diylife.com.
- Monster bowling
- Monster mask craft activity, left
- Monster Blow Ups: Blow up ordinary balloons in your party colors, attach
paper monster feet and draw funny monster faces with a Sharpie.
Monstrously delicious Party foods
- Eyeballs in your food: Here's a beastly idea for appetizers and dips: garnish
with grapes, olives to appear like monster eyeballs.
Real Monster parties
Your monster bash is sure to be a play yard smash and we'd love to hear about it.
Please share your real monster parties with us on twitter, like this one:
- Rehash of the monster mash bash: Craft your own monster bash banner, just
as one mom did for this sweet Monster Mash Bash pictured, left. Kids crafted
their own monster pillows, made their own monster cupcakes and more.
- Boys cute monster party: Ben's monster party in blue and red got plenty of
inspiration and help from vendors at ETSY.com, including a home made
- Below is inspiration from leelaaloo.com. All designs are available for purchase
and download on ETSY.com
We hope our guide has inspired you to throw a Monster party. Remember, we link
to quality sites, so please share party ideas with us on Twitter and Facebook.
All about a silly monster party...
(C) Copyright 2009-2014. All rights reserved. Updated 3/13/14.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic,
mechanical, photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no
warranties express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at
See our other kids parties.
Search KIDS PARTIES now: