Moustache Bash / Mustache party
Stash it to 'em with this unusual kids party idea
Everything is better with a moustache, especially a kids birthday party! So go ahead
and celebrate pop's 'stache. However you spell mustache / moustache you can have a
party like no other. As kids parties go, this one will be most memorable, but adults can
have fun too. And pulling off a moustache party for kids is easier than you might expect.
When you think of it, there are a lot of kids characters who wear moustaches. For
starters there's Super Mario Brothers (both Mario and Luigi have moustaches). Even Mr.
Potato Head wears a moustache! And then there's the classic Wooly Willy magnetic toy
kids have loved for generations.
- Pick a moustache. As kids arrive, have them pick a moustache to wear. There are
so many varieties, above. Be sure to have lots of mirrors on hand as everyone
will want to see themselves in a moustache. For starters, try the "Fu-manchu"
moustache, handlebar moustache, Dali style moustache or Super Mario
moustache. If Dad doesn't already have a moustache, he can grow one just for
this unusual party theme. Even Mom can sport a pink moustache.
- Moustache photo opportunity. A colorful moustache on a stick provides a photo
opportunity! Set up a photo booth and have guests pick their own moustache
stick, pictured left. Create thank you cards with the pictures of guests.
- This party isn't cookie cutter, but you'll need one. The moustache shaped cookie
cutter, left is essential to your party. Use the moustache cookie cutter to trace a
moustache for your invitations. As a stencil, the cookie cutter is also invaluable
for helping you make moustache decorations. Use them to trace onto brown,
black, grey and yellow construction paper, then cut your moustaches to put on
sticks, on walls, and on presents. It's also useful for making fairy wings or angel
wings during the holidays.
- Find a stash of supplies. Head to ETSY.com for moustache party supplies where
you'll find funny moustache novelties -- from moustache glasses, moustache
cupcake toppers, paper moustaches on a stick -- even moustache crayons. Have
twins? Try a Stashes and Smooches party.
- Moustache candy favor. Old time mustache candy, pictured left, is a popular choice
for party favors, or place these tiny candies in a small finger bowl for guests to
discover. In an unexpected tutti fruitti flavor, you'll get an assortment of
mustache shapes and 75 candies per pack.
Moustache party foods
It's not that a moustache party requires any special foods, but you can certainly have
fun with the moustache theme and put food on the face. You can affix fake moustache
whiskers to the soda pop bottles, mugs, menus and more. Don't want to do the work
- Moustache drinks. Make your own paper moustaches to affix to straws. There are
now more moustache novelties available than ever before, including moustache
party straws and cups.
- Moustache ice cubes. The Moustache ice cube tray, left, will provide a humorous
surprise. Top it off with a moustache party straw.
- Milk moustache. Milkshakes will make the perfect milk moustache! Of course, you
can always serve milk and cookies for that classic look. Line up the kids and have
them pose for a group milk moustache photo.
- Moustache cake. Bake a black and white cake (chocolate cake with white icing)
and decorate simply with a chocolate moustache on a stick or a paper moustache
on a stick. Fondant is easy to shape as well. Use a cookie cutter to cut black
fondant into moustache shape for cookies, cupcakes or the birthday cake.
- Black licorice! Never underestimate the creativity kids will have when they pose
with limp licorice twists. Behold: a licorice moustache! You might even give the
kids the idea with the food face plate, left. Lay a pile of licorice on the face plate
and see what happens. Now that's how to put food on your face!
- Moustache cookies. Specialty bakers may offer gourmet moustashe cookies, but
it's easy enough to bake them on your own. Left, the moustache cookie cutter is
4-inches, allowing you to bake generous-sized cookies for presentation. Try our
perfect sugar cookie recipe to make a big batch. Want more moustache cookie
ideas, get a load of these:
- Pin-interesting! The adventures of Sugarbell showcases some glorious
moustache cookies in blue and green.
- Chocolate mouse-tache. Whip up a batch of your favorite chocolate mouse,
then garnish with a cookie moustache.
Moustache party supplies
It's not like you're going to find moustache party supplies easily, but really it's not that
hard to create a moustache party when you start going. Here are some ideas to
enhance this silly theme:
- Mustache shot glasses. Pictured left, fill the mustach shot glasses with candies
for the kids. Mustache bash party supplies like this are a fun find. Make jello
- Moustache game: Create your own pin the moustache on the man game. Draw
your own man that fits a set of stick on moustaches. Get a variety of moustache
styles and be sure to put names on back to identify the winner who is closest to
pinning the moustache in the correct spot.
There are quite a few moustache novelties available if you look for them online. Mom
can wear a moustache necklace or a moustache ring, right.
Moustache invitations are hard to come by. We have some suggestions on where to
buy them, but we suggest you make them yourself. Have fun with the invitation
wording on your moustache bash, for example:
- "I moustache you a question...will you come to my party?"
- Stash this invitation in a place you'll remember: the party is August 25!
- Home made moustache invitation:
- Create your own moustache invitations on a stick. Start with thick black
paper and a cookie cutter to trace the moustache design. Place invitation
wording on the inside of the moustache and hand deliver.
- Buy a pack of stick on moustaches and affix them to a plain card to create
a do it yourself invitation with an appeal dimension. With so many fun
varieties available, the hardest part is picking the right fake moustache for
- Accentuate the envelope or party invitation with moustache stickers,
available left. Kids love using stickers to help you make the invitations.
- Resources for moustache invitations: You won't find many moustache invitations
available, but when you look online you'll have a better chance.
- Mailing your moustache invitations? Give your invitations the finishing touch with a
moustache postage stamp from Zazzle.com
Moustache party favors
The classic Groucho Marx moustache, nose and glasses, left, would make an ideal party
favor. Try also these fun ideas:
- Magnetize them! With the Willy Wooly, right, kids can build their own classic
moustache on Willy's face with magnetic particles. Willy Wooly is the original
magnetic face toy. Or instead of having favors, buy a few to allow kids to draw
whiskers, sideburns, a mustache or different hairstyles on Wooly Willy.
Games for a kids moustache party
Games aren't necessary for a moustache party as the silliness of wearing moustaches
is fun enough, but if you want some games, then here are a few ideas:
- Pin the moustache on mommy. Blindfold the kids and see if they can pick a
moustache from a table and pin the moustache on mommy in close range. This is
super funny and the guests will appreciate mom being such a good sport.
- Stash the stash on a celebrity. Free moustache party game. You can pin the
moustache on a celebrity thanks to someone creative at mcphee.com who
created an image of Burt Reynolds for you to print.
- Get out the classic Mr. Potato head. After all, he wears a moustache! For
something a little more today, there's Super Mario Brothers.
More wonderful moustache novelties
- Moustache mug: The moustache mug, bottom of the page, would make an ideal
holder for utensils at the buffet.
- Moustache bandages: Turn any minor injury into a jovial personified body part
with these Mustache Bandages, right.
- Dog moustache: The shiny black dog moustache toy, right, is a ball on one end
and a giant cartoon mustache on the other.
Real Moustache parties
Sure, you might be a little crazy if you want to throw a moustache party for kids, but it's
not impossible, and you're not the only one who's ever thought of the idea! Here are
some real moustache parties:
- While not at true moustache party, the "Mr. Man party," left, celebrated one lucky
little guy's second birthday with chocolate moustaches on a stick.
Facial hair on the upper lip is a funny reason to throw a party. You'll certainly have to
be creative, but when you throw a moustache party for kids, it's sure to be a party
they'll never forget.
So now it's your turn. Tell us about your moustache party and share party ideas with us on
All about Moustache party / Mustache bash
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/2/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.