Shrek Birthday Parties
How to Shrek the Halls into a mean and green party!
"Shrek the Halls" this holiday season with a Shrek party. Or serve swamp green
treats for a Happily Forever After birthday with Shrek and Fiona party. Here's how to
turn your backyard into a swampy soiree featuring your favorite ogres:
- Swamp Party: Home is where the swamp is, and you can turn your child's
birthday party into a swamp pool party. Look for more swampy ideas below,
including menu ideas and decorations.
- Shrek Karaoke Party: Including karaoke in the party mix is a party must, and the
the Shrek Karaoke Party soundtrack, upper right, provides all your favorite
songs from the first two hit movies. You'll surely Shrek the Halls with music.
- Shrek Treat Pail (Forever After edition): While it's intended for trick or treating,
you'll certainly present a treat for kids any time of the year with the Shrek Treat
Pail, pictured above. Stash green candies inside it or stuff it with a party snack
mix that includes green popcorn. More Shrek recipe's and treat ideas below!
Shrek's feast: a menu of green and swampy ideas
Perhaps the most fun in party planning is with your Shrek menu. Shrek is always
hungry and you can serve an ogre's feast of fun. We hope these menu ideas will help
inspire your Shrek's party:
- Shrek's swamp nachos. Totally unappetizing for the adults, the kids will love an
appetizer using your favorite nacho cheese dip mixed with a few drops of
green food coloring. Dare them to eat the slime.
- Serve up the swamp cakes. Bake your cupcakes or cake with green food coloring
in the batter. Frost with green icing, of course, then poke a hole in the top to
let some gummy worms slither from inside your cake.
- Serve up the swamp scum. Swamp juice is the elixir of fun and made easily with
lime sherbet mixed with lemon lime soda. The mixture creates a frothy, foamy,
swampy concoction kids love, plus it's algae free!
- Keep your eye on the eyeball-tinis. Shrek's favorite cocktail, you can make an
alcohol free grown up looking beverage served in a plastic martini glass. Start
with an apple martini mix, which is non-alcoholic, and combine with ice and
eyeball sucker or eyeball gummy candy. Look for the eyeball candies at the
local party supply in September and October, also check your local Michaels.
- Disguise corn dogs as "cattails." Prop a few corn dogs in a wheat grass
centerpiece to look like a mini wetland. Or provide a swampy scene by filling a
tall vase with artificial cattails, available online, left, or at your local party supply.
- Swamp Nachos: Simply add green food coloring to your favorite nacho dip. It's
really disgusting but kids love it. More swamp green party food ideas...
- Gingerbread men: Not that Shrek would eat a friend, but the idea of the
Gingerbread man certainly fits the Shrek theme and helps Shrek the Halls in
Christmas style if your birthday is in December.
Shrek party games
- Shrek Forever after Wii: It's always a party with Wii games, and there are a
variety of Shrek Wii games. Look for Shrek's Carnival game and more.
- Shrek Memory game, right is ideal for kids 36 months and up.
Shrek Party Decorations
- Put an outhouse inside. "A piece of paper is all it takes to create an outside fit
for an ogre. Tape a yellow half moon from construction paper onto the
restroom door to create an Ogre outhouse. Shrek's best ideas came from
"inside" the outhouse. Shrek's famous line: "Better out than in I always say!"
- You'll find Shrek party supplies here including:
- Shrek party banner, left
- Shrek balloons
- Giant Shrek PEZ, left
- Shrek PEZ: If you find Shrek PEZ candies, grab them! They are currently
unavailable on Amazon. Prop them on the birthday cake as cake toppers, then
treasure them as a memory long after your party is over. Oh well, at least you
can still get the Giant Shrek PEZ. The dispenser stands over 12" tall and
- Shrek Candy Canes: Available online year round, you can add these candy
canes to the birthday to help Shrek the Halls, even if it's July! Shrek Candy
Canes are "Limited Edition" candies from Dum Dum, with the yummy flavors of
Enchanted Cherry, Sour Slime and Royal Grape.
- Shrek Pops: Each hard candy shell is a different flavor but the same color -
Shrek® green. Each of the five chewy centers are a different color and flavor.
The five flavors include: Double Melon, Sour Apple Caramel, Lime Lemon, Mint
Fudge, and Ogre. Ogre is Parfait outside and Sweet Ogre earwax inside!
- Booger candies. While not a Shrek theme candy, this novelty would make a fun
green and gross addition. See our novelty candies. Why don't they make
Shrek Earwax Candy? We think it would be a hit with the little ogres.
Real Shrek Parties
- Do it yourself Shrek party: This Shrektacular party provides downloads for do it
yourself Shrek masks and more, including menu ideas and a Shrek Swamp
cake. Guests played pin the tail on Donkey, of course, Fairy Godmother freeze,
and tag for the Dragon's lair escape.
Now it's your turn. Tell us about your Shrek party and share party ideas by visiting us
This Web site is by M.C. Nygard,
right, who is a mother of two and a
former eBay Platinum Powerseller of
party supplies. Follow her on Twitter.
All about a Shrek party...
Search KIDS PARTIES now:
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/2/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.