Wrestling theme party
How to throw a kids wrestling party for your little "Hulk"
Your son is obsessed with Wrestlemania? Then get ready to rumble and throw him a
Wrestling themed birthday that he'll never forget! He's sure to have a slamming good
time because we've gathered the best wrestling theme birthday party ideas with
inspiration for games, invitations and decor:
- Turn the kids into wrestling pros: As kids enter your party, give them each a
wrestling name! Have your child help you name his favorite Wrestlers or create
some of your own, like Diablo Danny, Hulk Logan, or whatever clever name you
can create from your guest list. You can take professional wrestler names and
add the child's own first name or last name, for example: Randy Orton becomes
Matt Randy Orton or Randy Orton Smith. John Cena becomes or John Cena
Johnson. Get help with this list of wrestlers from World Wrestling Entertainment.
- Talk like an authentic wrestling ring announcer. If you really want to rumble with
the best ever Wrestling Party for kids, then a party must have is the WWE Ring
Action Megaphone, top right. Unleash the inner Superstar of your child with this
exciting multi-functional megaphone. It includes 24 Superstar sounds and
phrases. It makes a great gift for the birthday boy. It's also a great way to
announce the birthday guests as they enter the party with their new name.
- Wrestling Party Games: Kids entertainment for a wrestling party is easy: play
Wii! If you don't already own WWE Smackdown vs. Raw, left, it would make an
excellent birthday gift. Four kids can play at a time and you can select from a
huge roster of 60 wrestlers! This may help you decide kids Wrestling names for
the party. Be sure to have activities available for kids who don't want to watch
the competition. See our other party game ideas below.
- Flex your Internet muscles. The local party supplies stores won't have wrestling
party plates, napkins, stickers, invitations or much of anything you need for a
kids wrestling party, but we've gathered World Wrestling Entertainment party
wares here. Look too for interesting handmade Wrestling items on ETSY.
- Wrestling Scratchers: Left, we found a custom made Wrestler scratch
game. You supply the prizes and number of winners and the ETSY artisan
will send you the scratchers. You can make all the scratchers winners and
have your guests collect the prizes at the party.
- Custom Wrestling Party Wares: Look for wrestling party water bottles and
custom wrestling ticket invitations from your party designs on ETSY.
Wrestling for more ideas? Your son will have fun with a Wrestling theme party when
you smack down on invitations, and involve him in the party details.
Invitations for a Wrestling theme party:
Kids wrestling party invitations can look like a real sporting event and you can have
fun with wrestling slang for the wording. Here are some ideas:
- Host a WWE party: Invite them to a World Wrestling Entertainment party with
the pre-printed WWE party invitations, right. Above you'll also find the matching
WWE party plates and napkins. Have your son help decorate the envelopes
with the WWE stickers, lower left. Buy extras for favors.
- Use wrestling jargon for the invitations: Invite the "A-team" guests to an "A-
Show" with home made invitations. The A-team are the top stars and an A-
Show is a wrestling event with the biggest draws. Your party won't be a "botch"
if you use this list of wrestling terms, and mom will certainly be the party "Diva."
Tell guests when the party will "Finish" (the planned end of the match).
- Send tickets to the main event. One rule about fight club birthday party: never
tell the other moms about a "fight club" birthday party. Instead, send them
invitations that look like a tickets to a real sporting event, pictured left. Now
that's the ticket!
Wrestling party food:
Sure, Slim Jim's meat sticks come to mind for party snacks, but you're wondering what
else to serve the crowd. Here are some theme ideas for the party food:
- Serve "Raw" veggie sticks. Enhance your theme food with a picture of Raw
himself or a Raw Action figure. Now that's an appetizing way to serve your
- Potato and ribs. Serve potato chips, a baked potato or potato salad with ribs. A
"potato" in wrestling terms is striking or hurting another wrestler more than
necessary. A "rib" is a practical joke played on an unsuspecting wrestler. True
wrestling fans will enjoy your word play with the menu.
- Sucker punch: Any punch in your color scheme is a "sucker punch" (a punch that
catches someone completely off guard). Add to your sucker punch by creating a
drink bottles for the party. Remove labels from water bottles and glue a ribbon
medal, pictured left, to each before refilling with the bottles with punch.
- Cheap Pop: A "cheap pop" is when a wrestler kisses up to the crowd for positive
attention. Poke fun of the wrestling jargon and make your own "cheap pop"
labels for your favorite soda. You may even like to surround your soda with
chocolate kisses for the savvy wrestling fans.
- Juice. In Wrestling "juice" can mean steroids or blood. Serve any red juice (if you
dare) with a home made label. "This juice contains no steroids."
Of course you can also set up a concession stand with Wrestling party food favorites:
hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza. Kids are pretty easy when it comes to party food.
Wrestling theme birthday cakes:
- Wresting cake toppers: Whatever the champ's favorite cake, you can modify the
wrestling ring cake toppers set, top. Any sheet cake becomes a wrestling cake!
Now that's how to knock out an easy dessert. Right, you'll find a traditional
Wrestling Birthday Cake topper set.
- Wrestling with licorice laces for a home made cake: If you're short on time to order
the wrestling cake toppers, you can make your own wrestling ring from
chocolate dipped pretzels and licorice laces with a little ingenuity.
Wrestling Party Decorations
You likely already have several wrestling toys you can display to show your child's
passion for this entertainment sport. Still feeling cornered? Don't worry because
decorating for a wrestling party is relatively easy. The kids and the activities become
the decorations! Here are some ideas:
- Belt them! Make your own wrestling belts. You can fashion one yourself with
help from instructional videos on YouTube. Easier yet, buy the inexpensive
wrestling belts, left. Award the birthday boy with the "gold" a special
- Use a wrestling toy as a centerpiece. Above, right, the officially licensed WWE
action play set will highlight the table.
- Rope off the food area, rope off the presents area. Do the same for the cake or
cupcakes or where the kids will be eating.
Games and Activities for a Wrestling party
Minnesota, home of Hulk Hogan, is also home to Minnesota Wrestling Parties. Simply
hire Minnesota Wrestling parties and your party will be a smash because you'll get a
visit by pro Wrestler Lenny Lane. If you live outside Minnesota, you can still have an
slamming good party, playing Wii wrestling games. Here are other party game ideas:
- Thumb Wresting! Set up a thumb wrestling ring by sectioning off an area like a
wrestling ring with wrestling ropes. You can get
- Wrestling ring jump house (ask for over-sized sumo wrestling gear)
- Craft wrestling masks.
- Wrestling Card Game (Uno), bottom of the page.
- Watch a wrestling match. Order WWE through Pay Per View!
- Better than a pillow fight, Socker Boppers, pictured left. Buy a couple and have
the kids rumble!
Realistically, you won't find Wrestling favors at the local party supply. So shop early
online for such things as:
- Wrestling cards
- Medals, above left, will make everyone a champion.
- Fill plastic trophies with candies (wrap them in cellophane).
- Thumb Wrestling action figures, left
- Wrestling stickers, above left.
- WWE Rumblers, action figures, lower left, come in packs of 2. You can split them
up to give each child a character.
Wrap selected favors in a bandanna that a Wrestler, like Hulk Hogan might wear! Or
give all the kids a Hulk Hogan style mustache to wear, right. Save the other
moustaches for a moustache party.
Gifts for the birthday boy
- Get him a subscription to a Wrestling Magazine: WWE Magazine, left, serves fans
of World Wrestling Entertainment and focuses on the lifestyles of WWE
superstars and Divas, plus their movies, music, gadgets, fashion, and more.
Resources to expand your Wrestling party theme:
Here are more wrestling theme birthday party ideas:
- Interested in Martial Arts? Add Sumo Wrestling elements to your party. See also
our Martial Arts party.
- Favor traditional wrestling? You might like an old fashioned wrestling party and
stick to the sport and not the glamour. If so, then the wrestling birthday cake
kit, right, is for you. Stick to a red, white and blue theme and add an Olympic
element to your party.
- Lucha Libra: Throw a Mexican Wrestling party! Add a Mexican buffet to your
- Make it boxing day! Your little champ might also like a boxing party
- Professional Wrestling Party. If you live in Minneapolis, MN, then check out
Wrestling Parties where kids have a slamming good time and the birthday boy
becomes the star.
Real Wrestling parties...
A wrestling party for kids is an unusual theme.
So now you're ready to rumble with a Wrestling theme party he'll never forget! We have
hundreds of kids birthday party ideas. For the best ever wrestling theme party, we hope
you've enjoyed our ideas including games, birthday cake, wrestling party favors and more,
Now it's your turn! Tell us about your wrestling party and share party ideas with us on
All about a kids wrestling party...
Search KIDS PARTIES now:
(C) Copyright 2009-2015. All rights reserved. Updated 1/1/15.
Linking to this cute party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See our other kids parties.
CutePartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.